Drones In Insurance
The Growth of Drones/UAVs in the Insurance
The insurance industry is always one of the first to adapt to technological changes. Many companies are now using drones for insurance inspections. Firms constantly strive to speed up processes and reduce costs, as any good business should. That is why the growth of drones in Insurance is one of the fastest growing sectors.
Drones can quickly and safely access areas of structures that are locked in or inaccessible without expensive scaffolding or hoists, also reducing the working at height risk and taking inspectors down from dangerous positions until essential.
When licensed operators are used, jobs are correctly planned, risk-assessed and executed when safe to do in a legal and compliant manner.
The rapid development of technology in the drone sector brings new drones and sensors to market rapidly. We recently completed an environmental survey 1/2 a kilometre from the location and still obtained the required results. We have demonstrated using the same technology to access even the most challenging location. In articles such as this one, by Deloitte, you can see why Insurance companies are keen to adopt this rapidly growing technology to assist with claims management.
Ways where Drone assist in insurance:
- Pre-cover assessment, insurers can use 4K video, high-resolution images or 3D models to assess risks
- Speed of inspection and deliverables, can cover many properties in a day
- Claims assessors’ safety is improved
- For significant events, drones can show the extent of damage, even allowing the insurance company to decide the level of resourcing required to manage the claims
- Speed of claims improvement
- Significant reduction in the cost of a claim, due to efficiencies in data capture and analysis
In the case of older houses or period ones, ladders are not an option, and in built-up areas, this can be even less of a choice. Terraced houses and commercial properties which are locked in on both sides make the inspection time-consuming, costly and sometimes hazardous.
If you need assistance with insurance claims, we are here to help. We look after the IAA and regulatory compliance to provide the data you need. We will discuss the brief with you, or if you have engaged any third-parties, we will work with them, and give you the results and evidence you need.
Results presented in multiple
- Web Inspection platform that allows comments and annotations and report generation
- Images and video electronically delivered
- Map generated and exported for client software products
- PDF report with defects and annotations of issues visually observed
Drone Services Ireland has the H20 and H20T (Thermal) payload sensors. 23 times optical zoom lens to our fleet. We are the leading providers in Ireland with this equipment, providing unrivalled image capture. We also have the highest resolution camera on a drone in Ireland to allow us to provide the greatest level of detail possible.