Drone Roof Inspections
Drone Roof Survey and Inspection
Drones have many uses for residential and commercial customers. From high roof inspections, wide flat roofs, or guttering, high-resolution images reveal defects without the need for mobile work platforms or scaffolding.
Our top-of-the-range aerial imaging cameras produce high-resolution images and up to 8K video resolution if needed.
We also can produce a custom map of the roof if required.
Benefits of a UAV Roof Inspection
- Cost-effective versus traditional inspection methods
- Speed of survey
- Access terraced or locked-in buildings easily
- Reduced risk to the roof itself from ladders and machinery
- Reduces the need for expensive scaffolding or cherry pickers until confirmed necessary
- Reducing the risk of injury and the need for dangerous working conditions such as working at heights
- Assist with insurance claims
- Listed building inspection criteria and compliance
- Evidence of works remediation for insurance companies and piece of mind
In the case of older houses or period homes, ladders or cherry-pickers often are not an option. In built-up areas, this can be even more of a challenge. Terraced houses and commercial properties locked in on both sides make inspection time-consuming and costly. Drones for home inspections are ideal in this case
Roofs are dangerous, and working at height is always challenging. Ensuring workers’ safety is paramount; drones can reduce this risk and keep employees safe.
Drone roof inspections are ideal for asbestos roofs. No weight is being placed on the roof surface, so there is no risk of the asbestos tiles breaking. We can survey the roof and provide the footage so the roof is preserved and can be treated effectively.
We will be happy to assist if you need a drone roof inspection. We will discuss the brief with you, explain the benefits of drone roof inspection, or if you have engaged a surveyor, work with them, and give you the results and evidence you need.
Results presented in multiple ways
- Web Inspection platform allows comments, annotations and report generation
- Drone Roof Measurement App
- 3D Drone Roof Inspection Software Platform
- Images and video electronically delivered
- Map generated and exported for client software products
- PDF report with defects and annotations of issues visually observed
Our highly trained and professional drone pilots will oversee all the planning and compliance. We plan and execute the drone roof inspection using the latest in drone technology.
We can achieve flight times of up to 55 minutes per battery set.
- Large viewing screen on-site where customers or inspectors require
- Optional Live streaming to a web browser, view inspection in real-time from the office
- Compliant, Licensed Operators, fully insured for commercial drone work
- 4K video and high-resolution image capture and analysis
- GDPR-compliant data management and encrypted data transfers
What if a drone isn't suitable due to access restrictions
We have catered for that and have a 10m pole with a special 25 x zoom camera that can be triggered remotely, so we can still help.
Often sites are locked-in, and there is no safe take-off and landing site. We are one of the few, if not the only, operators providing this service in Ireland.
Drone Services Ireland has added the DJI H20T (Thermal) and the H20, a 23 times optical zoom lens, to our equipment. We are one of the only providers in Ireland with this equipment, meaning we provide unrivalled image capture. Check out the level of detail from the sample video.
We specialise in performing Drone Roof Inspections in Dublin and other cities around the country. We are fully licensed and insured to perform commercial work in the Republic of Ireland.
We can provide 3D point cloud inspections using the latest drone building inspection software.
Almost all of Dublin County is covered by controlled and restricted airspace, which requires Air Traffic Control clearance. This is where a service provider has huge benefits; we take care of all the compliance and data capture, including risk assessment for each site and visit, so you don’t have to worry.
We are EASA Certified Operators and hold a Specific Category SORA for Drone Operations.