The insurance industry is always one of the first to adapt to changes in technology. Firms constantly striving to speed up processes and reduce costs, as any good business should. That is why the growth of drones in Insurance, is one of the fastest growing sectors.
Drones can quickly and safely access areas of structures that are locked in or inaccessible without expensive scaffolding or hoists. This also reduces the working at height risk, taking inspectors down from dangerous positions until essential.
By using licensed operators, jobs are properly planned and executed when safe to do so. The rapid development of technology in the drone sector, brings new drones and sensors to market at a rapid rate. We recently completed an environmental survey from 1/2 a kilometre from the location, and still obtained the required results. This shows how we can use the same technology to access even the most difficult location.
Ways where Drone assist in insurance:
- Pre-cover assessment, providing 4K video or high-resolution images
- Speed of inspection and work product
- Claims assessors’ safety is improved
- For significant events, drones can show the extent of damage, even allowing the insurance company decide the level of resourcing required to manage the claims.
- Speed of claims improvement
- Significant reduction in cost of claim, due to efficiencies in data capture and analysis
In the case of older houses or period ones, ladders are not an option. In built-up areas, this can be even less of an option. From terraced houses and commercial properties that are locked in on both sides, this makes inspection time consuming, costly and sometimes hazardous.
If you need an assistance with insurance claims, we are here to help. We look after the IAA and regulatory compliance to provide you with the data you need. We will discuss the brief with you or if you have engaged a surveyor, work with them, and give you the results and evidence you need.
Results presented in multiple ways:
- Web Inspection platform that allows comments and annotations and report generation
- Images and video electronically delivered
- Map generated and exported for client software products
- PDF report with defects and annotations of issues visually observed
Drone Services Ireland have added the DJI Z30, a 30 times optical zoom lens to our fleet. We are the only providers in Ireland with this equipment, meaning we provide unrivaled image capture. Talk to us today to find out how our investment and expertiese can help your business grow.