We specialise in working in the Dublin area. From a drone perspective, Dublin is entirely in controlled airspace. What this means is that you need Air Traffic Control approval to fly above 15m in this area.
We have a great working relationship with the IAA and ATC and have a 100% record when it comes to our application approvals. This is due to the level of perparation and planning we go through prior to any mission.
Drone Inspection advantages:
- Increased efficiency and cost saving over traditional inspection methods
- Speed of survey
- Access terraced or locked in buildings easily
- Reduced risk to roofs from ladders and machinery
- Reduces need for expensive scaffolding or cherry pickers until confirmed necessary
- Safety - reduces the need for dangerous working conditions such as working at heights
Some of the challenges that working in Dublin are both from a compliance and environment perspective.
Due to numerous aerodromes, sensitive installations, hospitals and military barracks, there are many No Fly Zones in Dublin. Almost every part of Dublin County is covered in Controlled Airspace.
Not only from a regulatory point of view, the density of the buidlings means, there is often very tight sites and work conditions. Through our rigerous planning, we will locate a suitable operating area. We also have a 30 times optical zoom camera for when we can't get close enough with the drone
In many of Dublin's suburbs, there are a large number of Georgian and Victorian properties. These are ideal for drone inspections due to there height. They are hard to access with scaffolding and ladders.
If you need an inspection, we will be happy to assist. We will discuss the brief with you or if you have engaged a surveyor, work with them, and give you the results and evidence you need.
Results presented in multiple ways:
- Web Inspection platform that allows comments and annotations and report generation
- Images and video electronically delivered
- Map generated and exported for client software products
- PDF report with defects and annotations of issues visually observed
Drone Services Ireland have added the DJI Z30, a 30 times optical zoom lens to our equipment. We are the only providers in Ireland with this equipment, meaning we provide unrivaled image capture. Check out the level of detail from the sample video.